Friday, May 27, 2011

More Brie!






 OH what a glorious Mothers Day, my children really spoilt me with  flowers, 

and then took me to my favorite local restaurant “The Wine Bistro”.  Edi’s girlfriend, and her Mother joined us for lunch.  Niki called me from Atlanta to wish me a happy day, all my children made me feel so special. 

So with a fabulous end to the week we begin “Brie Week”,  a new recipe each day using one of my favorite foods, Brie.  
I hope you enjoy :-)
Roses from Sarah & Carl




Brie Baked in Pastry


I medium round of Brie Cheese
1 small sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped dried Apricots
1 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
1 tbsp Dried Cranberries
1 tbsp Apricot Jam
1 sheet Puff Pastry

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Toast the walnuts in a dry pan over a medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, shake the pan to move the walnuts, be careful not to let them burn.

Cut cheese round horizontally into two. 
In a small saucepan warm the apricot jam over a low heat, do not boil. 

Mix chopped apricots, rosemary leaves, nuts, and cranberries into the jam.  Let cool, then spread the mixture over cut surfaces and reassemble cheese rounds.


Cut two circles of puff pastry, both about ¾” larger than the Brie.

Place one of the pastry rounds on a parchment lined or greased cooking tray, place the cheese in the center of the round, bring the pastry up the sides and press to cheese to make smooth and even.

Ready for the oven


Cover the cheese with the second round, brush edges with egg wash and smooth over the round to completely encase the brie.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.

Ready to eat


Serve with slices of Apple, some Grapes and slices of a fresh baked baguette.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment