Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another way with Surf & Turf

So having spent the morning at the barn with the horses, I rushed home to make an order of assorted cup cakes for a Memorial Day family get together.

I made coffee, coconut and chocolate butter cream frosted cup-cakes, my 3 favorite 'C's"...



The weather was so glorious today, in the high 80's, thank God for air conditioning.  Once my cup cakes were done and collected by the client, I decided to make myself a special dinner of surf and turf.

I bought a lovely piece of fillet Mignon from the wholefoods store yesterday.  Yes I have to admit I have started eating meat in America again, but only because I found a supplier of farm raised beef, grass fed cattle.


I sauteed some scallops and some mushrooms in butter, and then pan seared this wonderful piece of fillet.  It was mouth wateringly  good, so simple, quick and thoroughly delicious, no recipe needed, just cook everything in a sautee pan with a little butter until done to your taste.   Serve with some salad greens, a generous dollop of Coleman's English Mustard, a few sauteed onion rings and you are in culinary Heaven...  What could be easier!

Enjoy :o)


Actually this is a low carb meal,  hmmmm I wonder how I managed that?

No comments:

Post a Comment