Saturday, May 28, 2011

Extension of the "car Boot sale"!

Having almost, (yes I said almost) reached the point of being totally tidy in the new house, you know that place, that dream we all have, that impossible, unattainable, illusive dream of having a place for everything, and everything is in its place, a place where your entire life's collection of "we might need that some day" junk, that you just can't bear to part with, is stored safely, tidily and organized on polished glass shelves, and categorized with military precision, in a part of the house that you don't have because it doesn't exist, but you pretend it does so you don't have to worry about all the space your junk is taking up in your otherwise tidy house.  "Have I lost you yet?"

We had almost reached that point of perfection, we were all but there, we had just one little pimple, on the otherwise unblemished face of true perfection, "the basement."

A festering pile of surplus junk that was steadily growing down below.  Both Edi and I had spent hours and hours in the basement since we moved here, sorting through box after box of stuff; stuff that had previously been stored in the garages at Easton for the last 4 years, stuff I'm sure I wouldn't have missed had I never seen it again, but having seen it I just couldn't bring myself to part with it, so there it was growing larger and larger in the basement.

In particular a multitude of silk flowers, emanating from a period of my life where I thought it was cool to fill the house with said fake, floral junk.

Decisions had to be made, it couldn't continue, it had to go, Danni and Edi had made it quite clear, NO FAKE, FLORAL CRAP in their house  :o(

So we came up with the idea of... CAR BOOT, GARAGE SALE, YARD SALE, whatever you want to call it, the idea was tossed around and we all decided this was the way to go, lets sell it, let someone else get some fun, use, whatever out of my precious stored old, moldy junk and floral crap.



But this is me!  the eccentric, I can't just do things as expected, in the usual, normal, accepted way.   So using my brilliant intuition, and exploiting any possible excuse to spend time more in the kitchen, I decided to have a bake sale, along with the sale of my precious junk.


And wouldn't you know it,  it was a huge success, all my cakes quickly sold out.



 I made a poster of some of my more elaborate cakes, and I made about 100 cup cakes as samples of the flavors I use in my cakes,  which I sold at 50 cents each.





I took so many orders for cakes, I just hope I have time to make them before I leave here on June 9th, to return to Daisy in Panama.

Everyone said it was the best, most delicious garage sale they had ever been too.  That made me happy :o)

 Our garage/bake sale was a huge success, we sold almost all of our (crap) stuff, and all but one of my floral arrangements...

I'm feeling quite flourless tonight :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment