Friday, May 27, 2011

Food to Die For!

What would your last meal be?  This is a great dinner party question, everyone comes up with some interesting and sometimes surprising answers.

If you knew this was your last day on this earth, and you could only have one meal to enjoy, do you know what it would be?

I would have absolutely no hesitation, mine would be cheese, bread and wine.

But not just any cheese, it would have to be Brie De Meaux, OH this cheese is truly to die for delicious,  a fabulous soft-ripened raw cow's milk cheese;  sadly illegal for import into the United States, but there are some imitations available here that are quite acceptable, that is unless you are dying, and only the real thing would do.

The wine would have to be Chateau Beaucastel 1981 Chateau-neuf-du-Pape (no imitations acceptable here)

This wine is thick, rich, sweet, candied, fruity with notes of smoke, pepper, dried herbs, truffles, leather, cedar, blackberry, it's full-bodied and opulent.  Truly a wine to die for! One of the most delicious, complex, stunning Beaucastels ever made, and the cost of it (around $350 a bottle)  I would have to be dying to buy it...

The bread would be a crusty white baguette, made especially for me by Richard Bertinet.

Oh yes,  and some fresh ripe figs. 

 I'm now in culinary dreamland, and my mouth is watering, I need to go and raid the fridge and see what cheeses I have available to snack on...

So next week my blogs will be all about Brie, and some of the delicious ways you can use it...

Happy Eating :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment