Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What To Do?

So, here I am, sitting at my desk in between the hours of blending, pureeing and straining food, and simultaneously trying desperately to dream up tasty, nutritious rich liquids, that Danni can stomach, and will also provide her with all the goodness her body needs to remain healthy, without turning her stomach as she drinks it.
Because of the fractures in her jaw her teeth are wired together for the next four and a half weeks, so I need to get my game on and produce some tasty food.  I've poured over countless web sites and books for blended diets, and honestly they all seem to be so uninteresting and bland, apple and cabbage, beet and carrot, potato and kale... I've tried several of them without success,  Danni was unable to drink most of them, sipping just a teaspoon and looking at me with sad eyes because they were "nasty"!

We're currently one and a half weeks into the 6 week period, and Danni is already sick to death of the liquid diet, and I'm finding it really hard to conjure up new recipes.  Her food has to be totally smooth liquid, no seeds, lumps, or mash, or even thick liquid; it really limits the options.
Tonight however I actually hit on a successful blend, it sounds bizare and really quite unpleasant, but it was the first mix that Danni enjoyed.  I made a Chinese Hot and Sour soup, which is really more of a broth than a soup and then I added shumi, just before blending and straining, and she liked it.

Anyway I digress;  today I dragged out the ice cream machine, as I have a multitude of ideas for delicious home made ice creams, that I can serve soft to Danni so she can drink them.
So stay glued to this spot for some yummy ice cream recipe's...

No comments:

Post a Comment