Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time for some Real Decadence!

A few of you may be scratching your heads wondering why on earth I have a chocolate shake in a martini glass.  Read on and all will be revealed...

For the last 2 weeks since Danni's surgery, I've been experimenting big time with a multitude of different  foods to liquidize into smooth drinks.  I've found myself peeling strawberries, pressing all sorts of fruits and berries through the strainer, I've even blended and strained shumi for crying out loud!  I've fed everything green and healthy that I could lay my hands on into my blender, which by the way is working overtime, there are simply no limits to my culinary experiments, in my quest for flavorful, interesting food that can be served as liquid, there really is very little I haven't tried.

This week Danni's fabulous friend Julie, brought over a couple of truly scrumptiously, delicious shakes for us.  Both Danni and I absolutely loved them, the shakes were flavored with peanut butter and chocolate.  The deliciousness was just too much I absolutely wanted more and had to have a go at making it.  It was really pretty easy, and OH SO delicious, but being me I just couldn't resist the urge to spice it up a bit, change a few of the usual ingredients, to make it even more special.  



The finished product was heavenly, loaded with calories, and pretty potent, so don't be tempted to over indulge, hence the martini glass rather than a tumbler.  I have a feeling that this shake could become be a regular "go to" drink onboard Daisy.

The Daisy Shake




Daisy Shake

2 cups good Chocolate Milk, ice cold
1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (organic)
1/4 cup Nutella
1 cup Rich Dark Chocolate Ice cream
1/4 cup Baileys
Splash of cognac

Whipped Cream for garnish  (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a blender and buzz till throughly mixed, serve in martini glasses topped with a dollop of whipped cream...

Enjoy :o)


1 comment:

  1. of course you can make this without the alcohol... it's just delicious without the kick :o)

    ReplyDelete